Friday, November 27, 2015

I'll be Home for Christmas

I remember my first day in New York...who wouldn't? You step off the plane and the humidity slaps you in the face and you realize you might be walking around in it all day for the next 18 months. When the new missionaries get here President tells us "this isn't a handcart mission, it's a bullet train mission....jump on the train and let's go" or in the words of Elder Holland "Start fast, run hard, and to the tape, you can rest later." This has been the most wonderful 18 months of my life. There was happiness and heartbreak, there were long days of walking the streets trying to find someone who would listen. But somehow it all went by so fast! Too fast. I am so grateful for this opportunity...we don't give the Lord anything when we serve Him because we are blessed to immensely for any small amount we do give. We cannot give Him a crust without Him giving a loaf in return. I only wish I could have done more. But it's okay because it isn't over for me, and it never will be. Still on the same team just playing a different position. A disciple of Christ never throws in the towel no matter what they've already given. There is always more to give.

I love my Savior. I know this is all true because if it wasn't I wouldn't be changed, and neither would any of the people I've taught. But they are! And I am! And each person stands as living, walking evidence that the atonement can heal what we cannot heal, can fix that which is beyond repair, and can mend our broken hearts and dry up our tears. "Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah, who layeth down his life according to the flesh, and taketh it again by the power of the Spirit, that he may bring to pass the resurrection of the dead, being the first that should rise." {2 Nephi 2:8}

I am forever changed from serving here, and even though there is trash all over the streets and it's loud and there are lots of bad attitudes NYC will always be special to me because this is where I came to "the knowledge of a Redeemer." And I do know that my Redeemer lives.

I love you all so much, see ya in the airport!

xoxo
Sister Wadsworth









No comments:

Post a Comment