Wednesday, June 3, 2015

If my feet were tires they'd be flat











June 2, 2015
Wow what a great week..! I am about to drop dead but we have seen some great things happen, actually lets be honest, they were miracles! Of course Satan tried pretty hard but he just can't win!! Haha. 

Well I guess I'll start from last Monday. We didn't have Pday because of Memorial Day so we spent the whole day setting up and running the ward BBQ. It was a HUGE success and a lot of the new investigators we found showed up! We were on our feet all day and after the BBQ we had to walk like 2 miles to an appointment. I was ready to throw my shoes away and go barefoot haha but we had a great lesson with a new lady so it was worth it. I don't remember if I told you about her, but she lives in an all-Jewish neighborhood so whenever we walk over there we get some strange looks. It'd be like some Amish people with their buggy coasting down Maine Street back home haha I see why they look at us weird. She's super cool! It was a great lesson. Every time I said "Jesus Christ" I made sure to say it a little louder just to tick off the Jews. Haha jk but when I get ready in the morning I have a mo tab cd "This is the Christ" and whenever that song comes on I open the windows and turn it up because we live in an all-Jewish neighborhood as well. Sorry not sorry! I don't see how people can believe in God and not Jesus Christ. They are one and the same in their purpose and in their love for us. They want us back to live with them forever. 

Tuesday we had regular district meeting and we deep cleaned our pad...exciting stuff! Although, I did find this super cute dress with butterflies on it so I wore it the next day and it was super windy so I was holding it down the whole time. We were joking that the butterflies were trying to fly away haha I wish it was just a joke but the struggle was real. We had a lesson with a new investigator we found, it was a really good lesson. One of the struggles with being a missionary is that we have a lesson and I come out thinking "man the spirit was so strong!" But you never know if the investigator felt it like you did haha I trust God makes up all the differences in this work cause we are way to inadequate to convert anyone or teach well enough or anything. Wednesday was our P-day so we went to the Mets game in Flushing and it was super fun! It was crazy going all the way there and back but it was some quality fearlessing time on the train and I met some way cool people. New York has so much to offer if you'll just talk to people and get to know their stories. 

Friday we had some wonderful lessons but two of the things I remember from that day were 1. We were teaching a family and I told them I grew up on a farm and their 9-year-old boy says "the weird thing is you grew up on a farm but you still know how to use technology." I seriously died it was so funny. 2. We were waiting for a bus and this lady tapped me on the shoulder so I turned around and there is a guy in the second story of a building calling at me. I was like "WUT DO YOU WANT BRO?" And he just looks at me and says "I love you." I just turned around and started walking. My comp was like "wait but the bus..." And I was like I DONT CARE GET ME OUT OF THIS ZOO. So we walked a few blocks and there was this vendor with all these purses. Obviously my purse is falling apart and I have wanted to try "bargaining" for a while now so I figured it was a go. I asked how much the purse I wanted was and he was like $40 I was like oh sorry I only have $20 and started walking away....he started bagging up my purse and I handed him the money and left! Haha! Next time I'm gonna get one for $10 lol. I LOVE NYC. 


Saturday was like heat stroke to the max haha we went to do a service project at 8 and we painted over graffiti and picked up trash for like 4 hours and then walked a few miles to a lesson with one of our ladies with a bap date, it was such a good lesson! You know when sometimes you have that beautiful light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel breakthrough? It's beautiful. Also I felt pretty cool when we got the bus driver to drive us back to the service site when we didn't have our metro cards. Yaaas. I always saw people do that but never thought I could do it haha. We spent the rest of the day doing bible referrals but probably ended up walking like 10 miles. I've never come so close to crying because of exhaustion but it was such a good day! 


Sunday was awesome cause we got 5 of the recent converts/less-actives to get their temple recommend interviews! I was so excited because we have been working with these people since I got here and they finally are going to the temple this week! We had a lot of our investigators come to church too! We had a bunch of lessons after church which was awesome because we were able to get members to teach with us. I love the testimonies that members add to lessons. We also had a flash flood! That was interesting haha. We did an FHE for a family (2 of them are going to the temple this week) and it was so sweet! The mom is a convert of 20 years now and she has such a strong testimony! She had her baptismal program on her fridge and I thought it was so cool that she treasures being a member of the true church so much. I hope we don't ever take for granted how special our covenants are. 


This week I read the talk from this past conference "waiting for the prodigal" and read Luke 15. I love these verses: "I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee, And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants. And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him." But when he was a great way off... How many of us decide to come back to our Father or to come to Him in the first place but are so inadequate? I love this illustration that rings true for all of us. When we are still so far from being perfect He comes to us and has compassion on us regardless of our weakness and past transgressions. I am so grateful for the atonement and for the power to change, to come back to Christ, and to start over, and for the fact that no matter how far gone we think we are, we are never beyond the reach of His divine love & everlasting grace. I know this is the true church and that Christ is at the head. I love this gospel and I love sharing it. So grateful for my wonderful family!!
Sister Wadsworth 


1&2: Mets Game! 
3. My good friend Liz from the Midwood Ward. 


No comments:

Post a Comment